There are techniques you can use on a daily basis to support you creating your dream life. If, for example, you are doing the 30 day “break the habit of negative thinking” diet (see previous blog); there are lots of different things you can do daily.
I really recommend daily work as it is habit forming. We are creatures of habit. If you want to create change, you have to start changing things in your life. Its no good just changing it for a couple of days, or a couple of hours, you need to set up a new habit that helps you to create what you want in your life.
- Gratitude – is a very useful technique to start working with. Do not underestimate the benefits of working with gratitude. So if you are thinking “what do I have to be grateful for?” then look around you. There will always be something. Maybe it’s your health. Maybe it’s that you have enough food to eat. What about a house? Do you have a house to live in – that is warm and comfortable enough? Then you have that to be grateful for. Think of how many people there are on this planet that don’t have their basic human needs being met. Even if you don’t own your house and you are renting; even if you are having to claim benefits to be able to afford your house, you can be grateful that you live in a society that supports you. What about clothes, do you have enough clothes? Dont ever think that you dont have anything to be grateful for. There might be a lot of things you want to change in your life. You might dislike your job, and you might be thinking how can I be happy and grateful when I have this job and just look forward to the weekend. Do you have a partner – that you love and that loves you? Do you have children? Parents? Do you have your health? All of these things can add to a long list of things in our life that we can feel grateful for. The more energy you give to all these things in your life that you can be grateful and thankful for; the more you give thanks and gratitude to the universe on a daily basis – the more the universe will respond to you by giving back more and more things for you to be grateful for. What you focus on expands. If you spend your time complaining, then you will attract more things into your life for you to complain about. So gratitude is a very useful, possibly the number 1 daily technique that I would recommend. I would recommend setting a reminder on your phone/computer to pop up three times a day to ask you to think of up to 10 things that you feel grateful for right at that moment.
- Journal writing. This is another tool that you can use on a daily basis that can help you create new habits of more useful ways of thinking; ways that are drawing more good things to you, more of the things you want in your life. Maybe you would use your journal to debrief at the end of the day. Look over the day, dont berate yourself, dont ever use it as a tool to punish yourself “what have I done wrong?” Debrief from your day. Did I spend all morning complaining about something? What can I do differently tomorrow?
- Look at your vision board. Give it energy. Look at it for 5 minutes a day, focus on your vision. Maybe add something to it. Refine/clarify. Trust that you will receive this or more for your highest good. Use your imagination, and imagine yourself in that dream life for 5 minutes a day. Feel how good that feels.
- Meditation/mindfulness. Both of these are very helpful if not essential! They help us to draw quiet times into our lives. They give us time out. Time to observe our breathing. Time to observe our thoughts at that time. Turn inwards. Become less attached to all the drama going on around us. There are meditation apps, mediation/mindfulness groups in every town, meditations on youtube. Try it out. I would really recommend a minimum of 10 minutes per day, ideally half an hour, twice daily. Or you might want to try a weekend mediation retreat – there are plenty around the country. This longer meditation space enables your chattering mind to really quieten down, which enables you to hear your inner self.
- Reading inspiring/uplifting books. Spiritual books, law of attraction books, mindfulness books. Please see previous blog for recommend authors. Or quotes on facebook/twitter. Seeing these on our newsfeed can be really helpful/useful messages at particular times.
- Start the day with “Thank you”. The first two words that come out of your mouth as you awake could be thank you. Thank you that I have woken up to this new day of infinite possibilities. Thank you with each footstep as you walk to the bathroom, thank you for your hot shower, for you flushing toilet, for your tap water, for your soft towel, for your warming clothes etc How lucky and blessed we are.